Already have a Username/Password for PORTAL Journal of Multidisciplinary International Studies?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Is your paper in Microsoft Word (.DOC)?
- Is it formatted according to the author guidelines provided in the PORTAL 'About' section? (font, margins, spacing etc.)
- Have you used the modified Harvard referencing style, according to the author guidelines? Please note, if you have not, the submission will be rejected.
- Have you cross-checked the bibliography against the text?
- Have you checked whether your graphics, tables, audio and video files are in the format and size specified in the guidelines?
- Are the locations of the linked files clearly indicated within the document?
- Are they appropriately and meaningfully labelled?
- Have you provided tag text for the graphics used as links to audio or videos?
- Have you prepared an abstract of up to 300 words in English to enter at the next step in this submission?
- Have you prepared up to 6 key words in English to enter at the next step in this submission?
- Have you prepared a brief biographical statement to enter at the next step in this submission? NOTE: The Editorial Committee will return submissions to authors who fail to provide any of the above information or follow the above guidelines. The review process will not be initiated until such documents are modified in line with the journal's guidelines and resubmitted.
- Have you received funding in the course of the research leading to this submission and acknowledged it?
- Have you added all available DOIs (Digital Object Identifiers) to your references? If not, please go to the free service: http://www.crossref.org/SimpleTextQuery to retrieve all available DOIs to add to your references.
Authors who submit articles to this journal from 31st March 2014 for publication, agree to the following terms:
a) Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share and adapt the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
b) Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
c) Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access). Where authors include such a work in an institutional repository or on their website (ie. a copy of a work which has been published in a UTS ePRESS journal, or a pre-print or post-print version of that work), we request that they include a statement that acknowledges the UTS ePRESS publication including the name of the journal, the volume number and a web-link to the journal item.
d) Authors should be aware that the Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) License permits readers to share (copy and redistribute the work in any medium or format) and adapt (remix, transform, and build upon the work) for any purpose, even commercially, provided they also give appropriate credit to the work, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. They may do these things in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests you or your publisher endorses their use.
For Volume 10 No 2 (2013) and before, the following copyright applied:
Authors submitting a paper to UTSePress publications agree to assign a limited license to UTSePress if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication. This license allows UTSePress to publish a manuscript in a given issue. Articles published by UTSePress are protected by copyright which is retained by the authors who assert their moral rights. Authors control translation and reproduction rights to their works published by UTSePress. UTSePress publications are copyright and all rights are reserved worldwide. Downloads of specific portions of them are permitted for personal use only, not for commercial use or resale. Permissions to reprint or use any materials should be directed to UTSePress via the journal's main editor, Dr Paul Allatson [email@example.com]. It is a condition of reprint permission that both UTSePress and PORTAL are acknowledged in the format advised by the journal editor.
The purpose of this statement is to let users of this web site know what information is collected about them when they visit this site, how this information is used and if it is disclosed. This statement is the same as that for the UTS website.
Recording your visit When you look at this web site, we make a record of your visit and log the following information for statistical purposes: 1) Your server address, 2) Your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc), 3) The date and time of your visit to the site, 4) The pages you accessed and documents downloaded, 5) The previous site you visited, 6) The type of browser you used. No attempt will be made to identify individual users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the University's logs. Some sites use "cookies" to track a particular user's access to a site. Cookies are not used on this site to gather personal information about users except when they are used within a specific web-based application for session management purposes.
Recording your e-mail address We will only record your e-mail address if you send us a message. It will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and will not be added to a mailing list. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose, and will not disclose it, without your consent.
Collecting personal informationThere are some electronic forms on this site that you can use to request more information from the University. When we require you to enter personal information, we will only do so to allow us to respond to your request. We will not collect or solicit personal information via this site which would be unlawful, unnecessary or unrelated to the functions or activities of the University, or unfair or unreasonably intrusive.
Publishing personal information We will only publish personal information on this site if it has been collected for this purpose with your knowledge or if you have consented to the disclosure. When giving such consent you should be aware that information published on this site is accessible to millions of users from all over the world, that it will be indexed by search engines and that it may be copied and used by any web user. This means that, once the information is published on this site, we will have no control over its subsequent use and disclosure.