To ensure the integrity and quality of UTS ePRESS publications, we have adopted the following principles, drawing on the UTS commitment to engaged scholarship, ethical practice and professional excellence, and the international publishing protocols Principles of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly Publishing established jointly by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), the Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association (OASPA), and the World Association of Medical Editors (WAME).
UTS ePRESS publications:
- encourage and promote scholarly, scientific and artistic investigation while respecting the academic freedom and editorial independence of our authors, editors and reviewers.
- are approved by an editorial board or governing body whose members are recognized for their expertise in the discipline, area or field relevant to the work.
- are peer reviewed, where expert and independent reviewers assess material to be published and advise on the merit of that material.
- are selected according to ethical and unbiased assessment practices, negating inappropriate editorial influence and potential conflicts of interest from commercial, personal or professional arrangements.
- are designed to share knowledge and promote scholarship with the least possible restriction to access and use.
- are free to access online via our website.
- do not require payment by authors to UTS for their work to be considered, reviewed, published online or accessed online.
- respect the rights of the author and reader by using a Creative Commons license, unless otherwise stated.
- maintain quality and integrity in our publications by withdrawing any works found to have used material that is illegal, plagiarized, has involved manipulated citation or is based on fabricated results or data.
- maintain the durability of and access to our works through archiving strategies which ensure electronic back-up and long-term preservation.