Already have a Username/Password for Commonwealth Journal of Local Governance?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Word or RTF document file format. No PDF files please.
* 1.5 spaced;
* Times 12 point font;
* two spaces for new sentences (for ease of reading);
* italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses);
- 1MB maximum file size overall unless pre-arranged.
- Harvard in-text referencing. See http://www.lc.unsw.edu.au/onlib/ref1.html
- Additional notes at the bottom of the page, not end-notes.
- For peer-review works, a 100-200 word abstract has been supplied and key words nominated (for cross referencing). A shorter abstract is welcome for edited material.
- Reference list. Full details of each item cited. See http://www.lc.unsw.edu.au/onlib/ref1.html
URL references to list date accessed and re-checked as active.
- Hyperlinks within main text, footnotes or references have been tested and and ready to click by readers (e.g., http://pkp.sfu.ca).
- Additional items not cited may be appended for inclusion at the Editor’s discretion, ie biographical or other.
- Images and graphics are welcome, especially for Practice articles. These can be sent as .jpg or .gif files. Please do not 'lock' in text graphics files as they may need to be resized during editing.
- Author(s) full title supplied including organisation and role or association if applicable. Internet links to profiles or project sites are welcome.
- In keeping with the nature of the publication, all correspondence will be conducted by email. Please make sure that a primary and/or reliable email address is used when submitting editorial as this will also be used to communicate with you for the duration of the editorial process.
Please supply a second address if you anticipate being away from your main email over this time.
- Authors should submit material directly to the Editor via:
Commonwealth Journal of Local Governance
UTS Centre for Local Government
Su Fei Tan
Authors submitting a paper to UTSePress publications agree to assign a limited license to UTSePress if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication. This license allows UTSePress to publish a manuscript in a given issue.
Articles published by UTSePress are protected by copyright which is retained by the authors who assert their moral rights. Authors control translation and reproduction rights to their works published by UTSePress.
UTSePress publications are copyright and all rights are reserved worldwide. Downloads of specific portions of them are permitted for personal use only, not for commercial use or resale. Permissions to reprint or use any materials should be directed to UTSePress via the journal's main editor, Graham Sansom (graham.sansom @uts.edu.au).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.