Already have a Username/Password for Commonwealth Journal of Local Governance?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Word or RTF document file format. No PDF files please.
- FORMATTING: * 1.5 spaced; * Times 12 point font; * two spaces for new sentences (for ease of reading); * italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses);
- 1MB maximum file size overall unless pre-arranged.
- Harvard in-text referencing. See http://www.lc.unsw.edu.au/onlib/ref1.html
- Additional notes at the bottom of the page, not end-notes.
- For peer-review works, a 100-200 word abstract has been supplied and key words nominated (for cross referencing). A shorter abstract is welcome for edited material.
- Reference list. Full details of each item cited. See http://www.lc.unsw.edu.au/onlib/ref1.html URL references to list date accessed and re-checked as active.
- Hyperlinks within main text, footnotes or references have been tested and and ready to click by readers (e.g., http://pkp.sfu.ca).
- Additional items not cited may be appended for inclusion at the Editor’s discretion, ie biographical or other.
- Images and graphics are welcome, especially for Practice articles. These can be sent as .jpg or .gif files. Please do not 'lock' in text graphics files as they may need to be resized during editing.
- Author(s) full title supplied including organisation and role or association if applicable. Internet links to profiles or project sites are welcome.
- In keeping with the nature of the publication, all correspondence will be conducted by email. Please make sure that a primary and/or reliable email address is used when submitting editorial as this will also be used to communicate with you for the duration of the editorial process. Please supply a second address if you anticipate being away from your main email over this time.
- The text provides all available DOIs (Digital Object Identifiers) to each source used as a reference. For assistance on locating the DOIs, please go to the free service http://www.crossref.org/SimpleTextQuery to retrieve all available DOIs to add to the references.
- Authors should submit material directly to the Editor via: Commonwealth Journal of Local Governance UTS Centre for Local Government Su Fei Tan email@example.com http://www.clg.uts.edu.au
Authors who submit articles to this journal from 31st March 2014 for publication, agree to the following terms:
a) Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share and adapt the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
b) Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
c) Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access). Where authors include such a work in an institutional repository or on their website (ie. a copy of a work which has been published in a UTS ePRESS journal, or a pre-print or post-print version of that work), we request that they include a statement that acknowledges the UTS ePRESS publication including the name of the journal, the volume number and a web-link to the journal item.
d) Authors should be aware that the Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) License permits readers to share (copy and redistribute the work in any medium or format) and adapt (remix, transform, and build upon the work) for any purpose, even commercially, provided they also give appropriate credit to the work, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. They may do these things in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests you or your publisher endorses their use.
For Issue 13/14, and all issues before, the following copyright applied:
Authors submitting a paper to UTSePress publications agree to assign a limited license to UTSePress if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication. This license allows UTSePress to publish a manuscript in a given issue.Articles published by UTSePress are protected by copyright which is retained by the authors who assert their moral rights. Authors control translation and reproduction rights to their works published by UTSePress. UTSePress publications are copyright and all rights are reserved worldwide. Downloads of specific portions of them are permitted for personal use only, not for commercial use or resale. Permissions to reprint or use any materials should be directed to UTSePress via the journal's main editor, Alison Brown, BrownAM@Cardiff.ac.uk.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.