: Call for papers: Special issue on learning analytics and learning theory
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- How understanding of specific learning phenomenon (processes, practices) has helped to shape particular approaches to learning analytics
- How learning analytics have helped to refine / improve our understanding of particular learning phenomenon (processes, practices)
- Work contributing to our understanding of how people engage with learning analytics as part of their learning processes or practices
- A method for analyzing the synchronization of multiple participants' activities as a measure a joint attention, one indicator a productive collaborative process
- An analysis of patterns of (re)accessing online resources that informs the way we think about effective studying in an online context
- A study that tests a model for supporting teachers in working with analytics as part of their reflective practice / class preparation process
Deadline for submissions: November 30, 2014
Anticipated publication date: June, 2015
Submissions will take place through JLA’s online submission system at http://learning-analytics.info
All submissions should follow JLA’s standard manuscript guidelines and will undergo peer review.
For any additional questions, please contact the guest editors directly.