Already have a Username/Password for Journal of Learning Analytics?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor under review elsewhere.
- The submission need to have a through coverage of the related literature, a detailed description of research objectives, research method followed, and results accompanied with the discussions on how the obtained results advance the body of knowledge of learning analytics.
- Submissions that extend previously published conference papers are welcome provided that the journal submission has sufficiently been extended (at least 25-30% of new contribution). Submissions that are extensions of previously published conference papers must be accompanied by a cover letter outlining the new contributions.
The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF, document file format. Please note that the Journal does not include strict guidelines regarding word length. It is expected that the research and Hot Spot papers are of sufficient length to adequately cover the scope and findings of the study. Ideally all research articles would be no longer than 10,000 words and the Hot Spot papers no longer than 5,000 words.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the journal layout template.
- The submission must be written in English.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons License, Attribution - NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0).
- Creative Commons License, Attribution - NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.